Elongated frames capture the romantic charm of vintage gas lanterns. Inspired by a stroll down a Charlestonian street bearing the same name, the one-light wall lantern in the Gibbes Street outdoor lantern collection features clear beveled glass and an Antique Bronze finish. Wall, post and hanging lanterns complete the family.
- Back Plate Height: 5.50
- Back Plate Width: 4.50
- Shade Included: Yes
Progress Lighting P560021-031 Gibbes Street Outdoor Wall Light Fixture
Light Fixture Dimensions
- Height of fixture 15.125" tall. Height is measured from the top most point to the bottom most point on the light fixture.
- Width of fixture 5.5". Measured from the widest points on the light.
- Extension from the wall 7". Measured from where the backplate makes contact with the mounting surface to the furthest point.
- Height from mounting holes on backplate 5-7/8". This is measured from the decorative caps on the backplate to the highest point on the light fixture.
- Weight 3.64lbs
- Backplate Size: 4.5" Wide, 5.5" High, 0.812" Deep.
- The backplate will cover a standard 4" recessed electrical outlet box.
- Adjustable: No
- Can be mounted up or down: No
- Color: Textured Black
- Made of Cast Aluminum
- Dusk to Dawn: No
- Dimmable: Yes. If using LED light bulbs make sure they are dimmable.
- Finish Type: Painted
- Glass: Clear Beveled
- Lamp Included: No
- Socket Size: E26 Standard Base Ceramic Socket
- Incandescent, LED or Fluroescent light bulb
- Number of Light bulbs: 1 | 100 watt max incandescent
- Photocell: No
- Warranty 1 Year Limited
- 120 Volt
- Length of Wire provided: 6"
- ADA compliant: No
- Wet Location Listed
- Dark Sky Compliant: No
- Energy Star Certified: No
- Energy Efficient: No, unless led or Fluorescent bulbs are used
- Title 20 Compliant: Yes
- Title 22 Compliant: No
- Title 24 Compliant: No
- As a general rule, exterior wall mounted lights should be hung 1/3 of the distance down from the height of the door or garage door opening.
- For Example: Door height is 9', Light Fixtures should be installed 6-7' from the floor.
- When installing a light next to a door, try to hang the light fixture on the door handle side of the opening.
- Use 2 people when installing lights. It is helpful to have one person hold the light while the other connects the wiring and brackets.
- Silicone is a good idea around the base of the light after installation. It will keep water and bugs from entering behind the light fixture.
- Use LED bulbs whenever possible. They are energy efficient and last for a very long time.
- Try to purchase led bulbs in a color temperatur range of 2700K - 3500K. This is a warm and inviting color. Colors above 3500K tend to look very blue and cold.
We recommend using a tubular T10 style led bulb in the Gibbes family of outdoor wall light fixtures. You can find them here.
- The bottom of this outdoor wall light is open. To change light bulbs simply reach up through the bottom to replace.
- Outdoor lights that are UL listed for wet or damp locations can be used indoors as well.
- This item is not dark sky compliant as light can shine out and up from the clear glass front.
- Replacement glass can be purchased for this item. Please contact us directly for a part number and price.
The Gibbes outdoor wall light would be considered a Farmhouse style or traditional style. It is a versatile look that could be used next to garage doors, on porch areas, side or man doors, back porches, and even inside the home as a wall sconce.